3120 State Hwy 241
Afton, WY 83110
Students will come to school for the entire
school day on December 20, 2013 and then be out for
School will resume on January 2, 2014.
Monday - Wednesday & Friday . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8:00 - 2:25
Thursday. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8:00 - 1:00
opened its doors in 1981 and from the beginning has been one of the highest performing elementary schools in the state of Wyoming. Osmond Elementary, which now serves grades 4-6, is known for its high expectations, positive school climate and student performance. Central to the school’s success is a highly effective team of teachers who collaborate together in a constant effort to improve instruction. As reflected in our mission statement, our bottom line is high levels of performance for all students. We take this mission seriously. Of course, we ensure that this learning takes place in a fun, safe environment and a visit to our school will bear this out.
Osmond Elementary’s success over the years is also the result of strong parental support. Osmond has an active Parent Teacher Council and parent conferences are well attended (95-98%). We value this parent support and strive to create an environment that is open and inviting to parent participation and feedback.
Please explore this website and learn more about what makes Osmond Elementary a unique and successful institution.
School Mission Statement and Beliefs
The mission of Osmond Elementary is:
Success at the Next Level
Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships
We Believe . . .
- Education must be valued by all.
- Every person has value.
- All actions must benefit students.
- All students can learn.
- Lifelong learning is essential.
- There is a common core of values that must be taught, modeled, and practiced. These values include: honesty, kindness, cooperation, respect, and personal responsibility.
- The proper educational environment promotes academic excellence.
Osmond Elementary’s 2013-2014 School Improvement goals are:
- Read to Learn: All students at Osmond Elementary will improve their Reading Skills. 100% of all students will demonstrate a proficiency in Reading Units in English Language Arts in Reading by June 5, 2014 as measured by Unit Scales. Units will be developed to address the Wyoming Reading Standards in Literature and Informational Reading. Units will be taught by classroom and resource teachers and evaluated by PLC grade level groups throughout the year.
- Write to Share: 100% of all students will demonstrate a proficiency by viewing themselves as writers and improving their writing skills in English Language Arts in Writing by June 5, 2014 as measured by Unit Scales. Writer's Workshop will be implemented in every classroom at OES. Teachers will effectively teach the appropriate steps of an effective writing workshop from the Lucy Calkins Grade Level Units of Study. Students will then effectively utilize the appropriate steps of an effective writing workshop from the Lucy Calkins Grade Level Units of Study.
- ABC – Always Be Courteous
- Implementation of PLC's – Central to Osmond Elementary School's success is a highly effective team of teachers who collaborate together at least weekly in a constant effort to improve instruction.
- Osmond Elementary was counted in the top 11% of Wyoming schools achieving in the EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS category as reported in the statewide data accountability pilot report.
- Data Driven Decisions – All students are progress monitored in Reading and Math every six weeks to determine interventions and groupings.
- Osmond values our high participation in our non-academic programs. Some of these include: archery, iPads, ultimate frisbee, downhill skiing, crafts, fly tying and soccer.